The program is hands-on, relevant, quick and offered in modules . With our education service, you can:
- Ensure compliance with your Work, Health & Safety (WHS) obligations – enhancing awareness of potential risks and hazards associated with the use of medical gases and related equipment
- Ensure regulatory compliance with the requirements of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and Australian Standards
- Increase the confidence of your staff when handling medical gases
- Gain in efficiency and focus on patient care
- Achieve cost savings as your staff uses medical gases and equipment under optimal conditions
Our medical gases education program is divided into 3 modules.
MODULE 1: Understanding medical gases
This module provides an overview of the main medical gases found in a hospital environment, their applications and key legal requirements.
- Medical gases in hospitals
- Applications of medical gases
- Medical gases legal requirements
- Specialty gases
MODULE 2: General cylinder training
This module explains the main risks related to medical gases and cylinders. It provides guidelines and recommendations on how to store and handle medical gases in a safe and effective manner.
- 3 steps to identify a cylinder – colour, size and label
- Important cylinder features
- Common gases supplied
- Medical gases hazards
- Cylinder storage
- Cylinder transportation
- Safe cylinder handling practices
- Material safety data sheet (MSDS)
MODULE 3: Liquid oxygen installations
This module provides an overview of the main risks related to liquid oxygen installation.
- Liquid oxygen installations
- Properties of refrigerated and cryogenic liquids
- Safety – potential hazards and precautions
The course is designed to be hands-on, relevant to the trainee and delivered in a short period of time. It can also be tailored to your particular needs and conditions to meet your requirements:
- Group sessions on site usually last for about one hour
- Theory and “hands on” activities are combined to develop practical knowledge
- A knowledge quiz concludes the session
All Air Liquide Healthcare representatives are certified trainers and experienced in the industry.
Medical gases are medicines; their production and distribution follows strict regulatory standards and requirements. Mistakes can be costly and it is important that your staff understand the basic elements of working with medical gases.
Education is available to:
- Engineering and technical staff
- Pharmacists and anaesthetists
- Nurses and orderlies
- Purchasing staff
Education is delivered:
- When commencing a new installation
- At staff induction
- As a regular refresher
- On request
Air Liquide Healthcare’s education program will give your staff the knowledge they require to take care of patients, minimize risk and reduce costs.